Green Pest Management programs
Integrated Pest Management is doing its part to improve and protect the safety, health, and quality of life of the world’s growing population. We are proud of the environmentally friendly products that we use each day, many of which have been recognized with awards and honors.
- IPM has Green Products for Homes; Schools; Universities; Day Care; Federal, State, and Local Governments; Restaurants; Hospitals; Nursing Homes; and Health Care Facilities.
- Responsible Pest Management involves understanding your unique needs and then making informed decisions on products and techniques used as part of an overall pest management strategy.
- At IPM we start with the insect first. Identifying the insect and knowing its biology is the first step in eliminating pests. Knowing where they live, what they eat, and their life cycle is critical to eliminating pests.
- At IPM, we use Botanical Products made with plant essential oils with a common molecular structure that targets and blocks a key neurotransmitter receptor site called octopamine which is found in all invertebrates but not mammals. Because of octopamine regulates an insect’s heart rate, movement, behavior and metabolism, this unique mode-of-action results in a total breakdown of the insect’s nervous system.
- The Sentricon Colony Elimination System, produced by Dow AgroSciences, is one of those products that has been recognized by the United States Environmental Protection Agency on behalf of the White House. This prestigious award, the Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award, is given for technologies that incorporate the principals of green chemistry into chemical design, manufacture and use. Dow AgroSciences has also been honored as Heroes of Chemistry by the American Chemical Society.